Experience the magic of the Gailtal Valley with all your senses
from € 255,- per person
- 4 nights in the selected accommodation (hotel HB, private B&B, holiday apartment self-catering)
- 3 magic moments in the Nassfeld – Pressegger See region:
- Wednesday: Stunning gorge – Mauthen Gorge
- Thursday: Geology meets Gailtal Valley Alpine Cheese
- Friday: Treasure hunt in the petrified primeval forest
Arrive & feel good at the holiday destination Nassfeld-Pressegger See! The region offers hikers a paradise full of variety and is home to the Carnic Alps Geo Park, presenting 500 million years of Earth's history. The network of more than 1.000 km of hiking trails even leads into neighbouring Italy. The unique location exudes southern tranquillity and also characterises the Alpine-Adriatic cuisine.
Experience five wonderful days with the following three day programmes in the Carnic Alps Geo Park:
- Stunning gorge: Hikers of all ages get within touching distance of one of Austria's most spectacular gorges – the Mauthen Gorge!
- Geology meets Gailtal Valley Cheese: Nature has created a picture book of geology in the Gailtal Valley. The history of the Earth can be traced back 500 million years here. Witnesses of bygone times have turned to stone here – and you can find them along the guided tour. Culinary highlight is definitely the sampling of the Gailtal Valley Alpine Cheese!
- Treasure hunt in the petrified forest: Immerse yourself in 500 million years of Earth's history at the Carnic Alps Geo Park. Equipped with treasure map and GPS device, the tour leads you to hidden treasures in Austria's only petrified primeval forest.
Booking period: 04.07. – 25.07.2017, arrival Tuesday – departure Saturday