WELCOME ZEST FOR LIFE
The long-awaited date for the opening of the tourism industry has arrived and allows local tourism professionals, as well as guests, to look to the future with correspondingly positive perspectives. From 19 May 2021, we will be allowed to reopen our restaurants and hotels. The pent-up zest for life, the longing for joint leisure activities, holidays and culinary experiences can thus soon be satisfied again in our region, while keeping to the safety measures and respecting our fellow human beings.
WHAT IS THE CURRENT SITUATION IN THE DISTRICT OF HERMAGOR?
The “AGES dashboard“ of the Austrian Ministry of Health provides a daily updated overview of the current epidemiological situation in the individual districts in Austria. The district of Hermagor currently has a commendable incidence rate per 100,000 inhabitants, despite its comparatively small population (Hermagor: approx. 18,000). This makes it one of the safest districts in the country, as it was in the early summer of the previous year.
What are the most frequently asked questions about holidays (booking, entry, return, entry test, registration) in the Nassfeld-Pressegger See tourism region or in Carinthia?
Welcome zest for life: Our hosts are looking forward to welcoming you again from 19 May 2021! Boundless freedom & a huge package of moments of happiness between swimming and mountain experiences are waiting to be discovered by you. Here you will find useful information on
The greatest possible planning security for our guests is very important to us in the Nassfeld-Pressegger See region. Many businesses have therefore already relaxed their cancellation terms and are thus reacting to the current situation, which naturally brings with it an increased need for flexibility.
However, in the case of individual trips (unlike package tours), there is no explicit legally regulated right of cancellation, e.g. in case of a travel warning. Please enquire directly with the accommodation of your choice about specific cancellation terms before booking.
The holiday region of Carinthia has already made excellent preparations for the coming summer season. In order to reduce the number of new infections, the Austrian Federal Government has decided to impose restrictions on public life. The measures and restrictions are temporary and also affect our tourism industry. The aim is to welcome guests back as soon as possible for a safe and relaxed holiday in our accommodations, catering establishments and leisure facilities. The most frequently asked questions with regard to tourism are answered here.
Excerpt from COVID19 Safety and hygiene measures
- The "Nassfeld Buddys" – are your contact persons in the region and answer questions and provide tips
- NO more minimum distance of 1 metres from all persons who do not live in the same household as you or who do not belong to your group of guests
- 3G-rule compulsory registration and testing at the accommodation as well as catering and wellness establishments
- Wearing mouth/nose protection is generaly NOT compulsory at all providers with 3G-rule
- Wearing mouth/nose protection is compulsory at: public transport, summer mountain railways, retail outlets and generally in indoor areas of public buildings
- Continuous disinfection / ventilation in buildings & sanitary facilities
- No queuing at the cash desk: Direct access with the +CARD holiday (available directly when registering at the accommodation)
- Guidance system to direct visitors to leisure service providers / avoidance of crowding
- Restaurants/cafes/alpine huts: 3G-rule and compulsory registration in general
- Masks are mandatory & regular testing of staff
Very good reasons for a summer holiday in our Nassfeld-Pressegger See region
2 lakes (Pressegger See / Weissensee) with clean drinking water and pleasantly warm water for swimming in the middle of the Gailtal Valley and Carnic Alps
Europe's largest alpine pasture area with 1,000 km of marked trails as well as 800 km of cycling and mountain bike trails - sufficient distance guaranteed of course.
The pleasantly fresh, healthy mountain air as well as the unique mountain panorama have a positive influence on the organism and are the basis for a healthy, relaxed summer holiday.
Recently awarded as "Austria's most sustainable tourism region" by Klimafonds (Climate Fund)
The world's first "Slow Food Travel Region“
Numerous outdoor activities on the mountain or lake spread across several natural areas
Predominantly rural, small-scale accommodation establishments like apartments, bed and breakfasts, family-run hotels or farm holidays
- The "+CARD holiday" - many benefits included, such as summer mountain railway, admission to swimming facilities, exclusive hiking, biking and children's adventure programmes, etc.
- 4 summer mountain railways (Nassfeld / Weissensee) as comfortable and safe "ascent support" for hikers, leisure connoisseurs and bikers.
- 46 serviced alpine pastures, well distributed throughout the entire alpine pasture area, offer you even more culinary, regional delights. Highlight: The Carnic Milky Way
We look out for you
It's us, the companions on your holiday in the Nassfeld-Pressegger See region. We are here to help when your hiking or biking boots pinch, or when your sense of direction isn't the best. We also keep an eye on Covid19 safety and hygiene measures and make sure you get home safe and sound. In short: We Buddys are there to make your holiday in the Nassfeld-Pressegger See region the best of your life.
ACTING RESPONSIBLY IS IMPORTANT!
Acting responsibly when it comes to self-protection, the protection of staff and guests is taken very seriously by the 18,056 inhabitants of the district of Hermagor (area approx. 808 km2), who also fully support and implement the prescribed measures. Please act responsibly and be part of this as guests.
All information is constantly updated. Last status: 22/07/2021
The current legal COVID19 regulations always apply as a basis. You can find them here. All information is subject to change.
What should I do if I feel ill?
This applies in any case: Should you, fellow travellers or children feel ill, please stay in your room, do not go skiing, do not visit catering establishments or attend snow sports lessons. Please inform your accommodation provider immediately about the symptoms.
If fellow travellers or children suffer from corona symptoms (fever, dry cough, aching limbs, sore throat, shortness of breath or loss of sense of taste or smell), please call the Health Hotline 1450 for further clarification of the symptoms.