Plenty of good reasons to visit Carinthia
There are so many reasons to visit the beautiful Nassfeld-Pressegger See region in the south of Carinthia. Sport, relaxation and adventure are just three of them! We have put together a list of highlights in this corner of Austria and beyond to show you why it is the perfect holiday destination all year round.
Nassfeld-Pressegger See in summer
As the snow slowly begins to melt, it reveals a host of trails for mountainbikers, hikers and families keen to explore the area on foot. Fishing enthusiasts can look forward to excellent fishing in the region's lakes and rivers, while those wishing to cool off in the warm summer months can visit one of the lakes in the area. Golfers can tee off on the beautiful 18-hole course in the Gailtal Valley.
- Mountains and lakes all in one day!
- Water fun and adventure in the region's lakes and rivers
- Children's programme, adventure trails
- Nordic walking and jogging in the heart of the Alps
- Rock climbing, via ferrata, rock labyrinth
- 1000 km of signposted hiking trails at all altitudes
- Golf, fishing
- Special offers for families
Nassfeld-Pressegger See in winter
Generous. Sporty. Surprising
The thick covering of snow and many hours of sunshine are just two reasons to visit Nassfeld in winter. The region is easy to reach and lies on the Italian border, meaning it is easy to take a day trip to Italia for a little Mediterranean feeling.
- 100 hours more sunshine than resorts north of the Alps
- Snowsure slopes thanks to a special microclimate
- 110 km of pistes in the Nassfeld ski area
- State-of-the-art lifts and cable cars
- Quiet areas for families to ski
- Cross-border skiing and snowboarding between Austria and Italy
- Unique mountain panorama