CARNIA Super 8
The CARNIA SUPER 8 is a new, spectacular multi-day mountain bike trail on the border between Carinthia and Friuli Venezia Giulia. With its very special routing - its shape resembles a large eight, the trail connects the stunning mountain landscape of the Carnic Alps on both sides of the border.
SEVEN DAYS OF PURE MOUNTAIN BIKING
When it comes to technique, the CARNIA SUPER 8 is not too demanding - forest roads and some moderate single trails - but endurance and stamina are required. If you have this, you will experience one of the most scenically impressive mountain bike multi-day tours in the Alps. Seven days are required to ride the CARNIA SUPER 8. Due to the routing, this bike trip can also be perfectly divided into two halves - the starting and finishing points are both in Kötschach Mauthen.
Except for the stage town of Kötschach Mauthen, selected alpine huts and mountain refuges as well as mountain hotels along the CARNIA Super 8 provide overnight accommodation. Since every gram counts when mountain biking, the luggage service of the official CARNIA SUPER 8 Info & Booking Centre is particularly popular. As the CARNIA SUPER 8 also leads through alpine terrain, the ideal time for travel is limited to the beginning of June to the end of September.
Info & Booking Centre
For optimal travel planning, the official CARNIA SUPER 8 Info & Booking Centre will be happy to provide advice and assistance. It offers you the following valuable services:
- Official CARNIA SUPER 8 Info & Booking Centre
- Top advice from experienced & competent staff
- Fabulous services such as luggage transport, shuttle services, trail hotline and much more.
- Carefully compiled and practical mountain bike packages
- In case of emergency: Trail Hotline 7/12
- Rental service of high-quality mountain bikes
- Being on the safe side: all travel offers comply with the EU Directive on package travel, package holidays and package tours 90/314/EEC
- Individual online planning and booking of your mountain bike tour
Location and how to find us
The Nassfeld-Pressegger See holiday region lies in the Austrian province of Carinthia, directly next to the Italian border.