Click on the map in order to see the lifts and pistes in detail.
Nassfeld ski area
Great winter sports in Austria and Italy
Welcome to Nassfeld – the "nice surprise" ski resort in Carinthia! Here you will find everything a winter sports enthusiast´s heart desires... and much more. How about, for example, stopping for refreshment in Italy or the sun as your companion on the varying pistes all day? Sporty skiers and families alike enjoy unique days of skiing on 110 kilometres of pistes with 30 mountain railways & lifts at the ski resort Nassfeld – and all that with almost absolute snow-reliability! Enjoy your skiing holiday at Nassfeld with a plus on hours of sunshine and a unique mountain panorama!
Winter season 2017/18 from 07/12/2017 until 08/04/2018
News winter 2017/2018
- More comfort through piste improvements and extensions: Carnia Downhill Run (Piste 80), Schnittlauchkofel and Bobo Trail (Piste 70)
- Newly built race & training piste "Rudnigsattel": training facility for ski clubs, bookable with prior registration
- Extension and optimisation of the mechanical artificial snowmaking facility / expansion of the water reservoir
- Expansion of the piste guidance system and the snow depth measuring system
- New beginners practicing area including rope lift and new ski school building directly at the lower terminus of the Millennium Express gondola lift as well as extension of the piste surface in the beginners area
- Extension and enhancement of the cross-country ski and biathlon centre in Tröpolach
- Quality investments in tourist accommodations and culinary establishments
Hit the piste!
Skiers and snowboarders visiting the Nassfeld ski area will find a wide range of blue, red and black slopes catering for all abilities. Thanks to the exceptional microclimate in the region, Nassfeld is blessed with plenty of snow during the winter months. And even if the weather gods are not smiling on this corner of Carinthia, almost all of the slopes have snowmaking facilities. With such a location and infrastructure it is no wonder that Nassfeld has received a number of awards and been voted one of the top ten ski resorts in Austria.
"I recently spent a weekend skiing with friends in the Nassfeld-Pressegger See region. We had sunshine the whole weekend and managed to ski the whole 110 km of pistes, which were all in excellent condition."
The Nassfeld ski area at a glance
- “TOP 10 ski resort“ in Austria
- Stunning mountain panorama in the Southern Alps
- 110 km of pistes, 30 modern mountain railways and lifts
- Snow reliability & the most hours of sunshine in the entire Alps
- 25 ski huts & piste restaurants, largest sun terrace in the Alps
- Austrian cosy atmosphere & southern lifestyle
- Beat the BEST - the longest ski race of the world (Schlag das ASS)
- Tobogganing, cross-country skiing, ski touring, snowshoe hiking, night skiing
- Freeride & fun areas, snow park, Ski Movie
- …. and? Get ready to be surprised!
Cool for families & kids
- Many attractions
- Professional ski schools
- 3 children’s practising areas
- BOBO® Miniclub & childcare service
- Specialized Family Hotels
15 awards for Nassfeld
A test report published on 09.03.2014 by Skiresort.de awarded the Nassfeld ski area no fewer than 15 awards, including top spot in the category "Accommodation directly next to the slopes and lifts", "Slope Offering", "Orientation", "Slope preparation" etc.
"Best Family Ski Resort 2016"
Between November 2014 and February 2016, Skilike.com checked Austrian ski resorts and had them assessed according to a score system by testers on site. Nassfeld has been named as "Best Family Ski Resort 2016" and "Value-for-Money Winner 2016" and received three other great awards. Click here to read the full report in German
"Snowiest Resort of the Week"
Nassfeld was awarded in the winter 2015/2016 with the "Snowiest Resort of the Week" Award, due to the biggest amount of snowfall in Europe within a week at the beginning of March 2016 (160 cm) by www.skiinfo.de.
A ski resort for connoisseurs!
Wide pistes, plenty of sunshine, culinary specialities, relaxation and wellness – this is how skiing connoisseurs imagine a perfect winter holiday. Snow-Online.de has named Nassfeld as one of the best ski resorts for connoisseurs in 2015. Click here to read the full report in German
Advanced skiers looking for adrenaline-pumping action will be thrilled by what Nassfeld has to offer. The state-of-the-art lift network will whisk you from the valley up into the mountains in no time. Now the only thing you have to decide is where to go!
Highlights that every skiers should visit include the race courses with video cameras to record yourself carving through the gates in style just like the professionals, while sun seekers can embark on the Sun Ski Safari taking in the sunniest slopes in the resort. Those keen to create a souvenir can visit one of the Nassfeld Cinemas to capture that holiday feeling in front of a spectacular mountain backdrop. Oh, and don't miss out on the snowpark and freeride areas, both popular with advanced skiers and freestylers.
Tip! With 25 mountain huts in the region, Nassfeld is a great place for après ski.
The most snow of any resort in Austria
Nassfeld dominated the snow-ranking of European ski resorts with this headline in winter 2013/2014 for many months. Reason for this were the region-typical Adriatic lows with high precipitation which unloaded their metres high "white splendour" in the Carnic Alps, thus impressively proving that Carinthia’s Nassfeld is the "snow-hole" of the Eastern Alps.
The annual average of snowfall at Nassfeld has been measured at 7-8 metres of snow every winter over the past few years. In addition, there is evidence of a plus on hours of sunshine (100 hours more than north of the Alps) – thanks to the special micro-climate!